Diploma in Records, Archive & Information Management
Diploma of Records and Information Management is developed to meet the needs of current and future needs of the employers in the field of Records and Archives management. It’s a three years program, covering the certificate level NTA level 4 at the first year (exit level), and a diploma level NTA level 5 & 6 in the second and third year. The program combines the best skills of records, archives and information management with much focus placed on developing skills and competences related on the current trends of the application of information communication technology in the managing registries, records and archives centres.
The program in the second and third year is offered in two learning mode from which students can freely select
1. Face to face mode.
This is the normal traditional face to face mode where students attend classes in campus
2. Blended learning mode.
In this mode students have the opportunity to study while they continue to work or from their homes without visiting the campus.
What you'll study
- Principles of Records Management
- Records Preservation and Conservation
- Records Security Management
- Basic Communication Skills
- Basic Computer Applications
- Record Center procedures
- Electronic Records Management
- Essential of Office practice
- Principles of Customer Care
- Basic Computer Troubleshooting
- Basic Records Management laws
- Fundamentals of records Management
- Record Center Operations and Management
- Electronic Records Management
- Computer Applications
- Communication skills and office practice
- Archives Management
- Basic Management principles
- Principles of Computer Maintenance
- Financial planning and budgeting
- Records Conservation and preservation
- Principles of Records Processing
- Industrial attachment
- Personnel Records Management
- Principles of Database Systems
- Records Management Systems
- Records and archival policies
- Medical Records Management
- Disaster Management
- Records Retention and Disposal
- Legal Records Management
- Records Management Professional Ethics
- Financial Records Management
- Land Records Management
NTA level 4 (certificate); A candidate shall be deemed eligible for admission if has obtained A form IV (four) Certificate of Secondary Education with at least Four (4) passes or NVA level 3 as equivalent qualification.
NTA level 5 (diploma); A candidate shall be deemed eligible for admission if has obtained a form VI (six) certificate of Advanced Secondary education with at least one principal pass in relevant subjects or NTA level 4 Certificate with second class or B average .
What you'll experience
Graduates will be able to
- Apply principles of records and archives management for improved service delivery in an organization
- Apply Principles of records management systems to manage organization records
- Apply basic communication, financial and managerial skills for enhancing work performance in an organization.
- Apply principles of computer technologies for managing records and operations in organization
- Apply principles of specialized records management for improved service delivery in organization
- Apply Knowledge of professional ethics and legal frameworks in managing organization records
- Apply Principles of records retention, disposal, and disaster management in managing records of an organization
- Apply principles of databases, management systems and entrepreneurship for efficient organization performance.
Careers and opportunities
Students upon completing will be confident in applying principles of records and archives management, preservation and security to conserve records, and information technology particularly in managing records and archives databases and related information systems, as well as managing ICT infrastructure. This qualification will make a candidate ready to work in a range of roles, including:
- Records management assistant
- Information management assistant
- Archives management assistant