Duration: 3 Years (Form IV), 2 Years (Form VI)
With the ongoing rapid changes in science and technology, the transformation in accounting practices is inevitable. The development in Information Technology has brought big changes in the way traditional accounting has been practiced. IT networks and laptop structures have shortened the time required to perform accountant’s functions. This evolving change in technology has highly affected the functions of accountants. The development in IT influences business, and the way it could be used to enhance operational efficiency, gain regulatory compliance, and assist monetary reporting and control or even revenue growth. This course will equip graduates with skills relevant for the modern world to combine conventional accounting concepts with software program and facts structures.
- Basics of Bookkeeping & Store Keeping
- Elementary Business Mathematics
- Elements of Computer Systems
- Commercial knowledge
- Basics of Communication Skills
- Book-Keeping and Accounts
- Elementary Computer Networking
- Elementary Business Finance
- Elements of Costing
- Basics of Computer Applications in Business
Minimum Entry Qualifications:
Form IV (3 Years Programme)
- Certificate of Secondary Education with 4 Passes in Non- Religious Studies.
Form VI (2 Years Programme)
- Advanced Certificate of Secondary Examination with One Principal Pass and One Subsidiary Pass.
- Or any other equivalent qualification e.g. certificate of any recognized institution field of study.